At Anglian we all know it’s vital to seek out the proper home windows on your house, in spite of everything, every home is exclusive. That’s why we individually design and craft home windows utilizing excessive grade timber and precision craftmanship, so your home windows complement your house superbly.
Our timber merchandise are available in hardwood and softwood. You determine on the timber selection, color, wooden end and ornamental parts, making certain the product you get is the precise product you need.
We all know what you’re pondering. What’s the distinction between hardwood and softwood timber? We’ll offer you a touch: it has nothing to do with weight (enjoyable reality: balsa is a hardwood. However don’t fear – we don’t use it!).
To demystify all of your picket window questions, we’ll break down the fundamentals between hardwood and softwood timber.
What’s the distinction between hardwood and softwood timber?
Whether or not timber is hardwood or softwood all comes right down to the timber’s origin. Every timber species is exclusive, and incorporates a completely different texture, grain and density – all of which have their very own checklist of advantages.
That’s why Anglian gives home windows from a variety of timber species. The timber species you select will rely largely in your aesthetics and what you’re on the lookout for out of your home windows.
- Naturally sturdy, excessive density, sturdy wooden that withstands the climate
- Derived from gradual rising broad leaved bushes
- Hardwood window frames can be found in painted or stained end
- Responsibly-sourced from Sapele (West Africa), Meranti (East Malaysia) and Agba (West Africa) bushes
- Usually doesn’t require extra preservative therapies
- Sturdy pure resistance to warping and shrinking.
- Versatile wooden, generally used for home windows, doorways, furnishings and within the development trade
- Derived from quick rising cone bearing bushes
- Handled with a double vacuum protect system, to guard in opposition to the climate
- Softwood window frames – out there in painted end solely
- Responsibly-sourced from European Pine and Siberian Larch (space stretching between Siberia to Mongolia and northern China) bushes
- Softwood window frames are laminated and finger jointed for energy
- Simpler to work with and customarily incorporates a fantastic, uniform texture.
Why select timber home windows?
Timber home windows have a basic conventional look and are a well-liked selection for interval houses and conservation areas. Whether or not they’re sourced from a hardwood or softwood species, they’re additionally precisely-joined and particularly long-lasting. All of Anglian’s hardwood or softwood home windows are expertly completed with our three-coat system to stop in opposition to flakes and cracks. There are even choices to decide on completely different finishes on the within and outsides of your home windows.
Want extra convincing? Listed here are our high seven causes to decide on timber home windows:
- All Anglian picket home windows are sustainably-sourced from Forest Stewardship Council timber.
- Our picket home windows can be found in picket casement, flush picket casement, sliding sash, bay, and cottage window types and may be customised in seven painted and two stained finishes.
- Anglian’s timber home windows come double glazed as normal, which suggests they’ll assist scale back your heating payments by sealing in additional warmth.
- They’re fitted with superior security and safety features to offer you peace of thoughts.
- The timber is weather-sealed, which suggests it gained’t rot, warp or shrink.
- Timber A rated home windows offer you a sound safety stage ranking of 31db as normal to maintain the within noise in and the skin noise out.
- All of our home windows include a 10-year assure, so that you’re getting one of the best for years to come back.
In brief, you may’t actually go mistaken with timber home windows. Hardwood or softwood, they’re versatile, sturdy and fairly handsome, too.
Nonetheless haven’t made up your thoughts between hardwood and softwood home windows? Schedule an appointment with one in every of our design specialists – we’ll discover you the proper fashion on your window body wooden kind and obtain value and power financial savings too. Or go to your nearest Anglian showroom to see samples of our hardwood and softwood double glazed home windows as we speak.